This is apparently a tattoo… cor.
A-Z Of Judge Dredd (and Mega-City One!) by Robin Smith
- K is for Kazan,Sov-City war vet. His favourite game was Russian Roulette.
- L's for Lawgiver and also Lawmaster. That bike can sure move, but a bullet is faster!
L's also for the Long Walk a Judge can take When his mind’s gone rusty and his legs start to ache.
- N is Nosferatu, write his name in blood!
- O is Otto Sump, write his name in mud!
O is also Orlok, East-Meg's top spy. He brought Block Mania- and watched millions die.
- P is for Perp, by and large rubes, ’Cos it’s odds on they’ll end up doing time in the Cubes.
- Q is for Questions,the Judges ask lots- Where are you going? What’s that you’ve got? Where were you last night, where were you last week? C’mon, better tell me, co-operate,creep!
- R is for Rico, Dredd's corrupt brud.
is for Rex Peters, who drank dinosaur’s blood.
R is for Resyk, where Good and Bad end. No wreathes and no flowers, just processin’, friend!
There’s Supersurf 7-Now that was some race, The bodies were flying all over the place!
- Now on to T,for Titan and Tweak: One a space prison, the other a freak.
And Tony Tubbs, the first two ton man. Look out if he’s coming-get clear if you can!
- U is for Ugly, the strangest of crazes. Beautiful people with all kinds of faces
And U is for Undercity, the dark world below Where only madmen and fools-and Judges will go.
- V is for Vermin, the criminal brand Who lurk in the shadows with guns in their hands.
V's also their Victims, innocent saps, Who suffer the violence dished out by the taps
- W's for Walter the Wobot, fwiend of Dwedd. He kept the Judge laundered, watered and fed.
- Y is Youth - Y-Juves and Y-‘Dults. There’s millions of Ys and thousands of cults.
- Z is for Zits, a villainous crew, They’ll kick you to death,while singing to you.
Z's also zits, the ones on your face. Wanna buy some?Try Otto Sump's place.
There it is, Judge Dredd's world, never said it was fun - That frightening place called Mega-City One!
StarScan (rear cover,Prog563,17Feb’88) featuring Disciple of Khaos and A.B.C. Warrior,Deadlock from classic Thrill, The Black Hole (Progs555-67,17Jan-19Mar’88 & 573-82,7May-2Jul’88) by fabulous fantasy art droid,Simon Bisley.
One of my favourite 2000AD covers.
A's also for Apocalypse War,that sad East/West clash, That left half the city in rubble and ash.
And Anderson telepath,Psi-Judge supreme. She’s every perp's nightmare-and every perp's dream!
- B is for Block Mania,the Sov-made disease, That brought madness-and Mega-City One to its knees.
And Barney, the computer, City Hall's best, And the Black Plague of spiders, that swept in from the West.
- C is for Cursed Earth, whence came that black horde.
C is for Crime Blitz, that shatters the night. Don’t bother protesting,you haven’t the right.
C is for Cal, and his Deputy Fish The death of the City was his manic wish.
- D is for Dark Judges, that unholy crew. Death,Fear,Fire and Mortis-they’re coming for You!
D's also for Dave, the simian Mayor May his soul rest in peace- -Dredd caught his slayer.
- E is for Executioner, the hoods killed her man So Blanch Tatum took the Law into her own hands
She tracked down her quarry and left them all dead- And ended her life at the hands of Judge Dredd.
- F is for Fergee, King of the Big Smelly, And Father Earth, the flowerpot man, a right blooming welly!
F is for Fungus, that gruesome infection. Mayor Grubb caught it-Bye,bye Re-election!
And G’s for Graveyard Shift, 9 to 4:30 - That’s when the action gets dirty!
H is for Heavyweight-old Pudge ate his bed.
Abdominal Arnie won in his stead.
And H is for Hershey, same name as the sweets.
Don’t be deceived - she’s tough on the streets!
I’s Interrogation, the glare of the lights,
They’ll make you talk if it takes you all night.
And I is Iso - the Cube or the Block.
Easy to get in - but just try to walk!
I is Informer - he’s smart or he’s dead -
- J is for Judge - What more needs said?
Part one of A Mega-City Primer (rear cover,Progs501-05,20Dec’86-17Jan’87)..Script and art from former design droid Robin Smith